Monday 31 December 2012

Precious little bundle

Malene hugging kids!
Yesterday 5 of us from home went to our little bush church.  Malene, Naomi and I took part in the kids church, such a privilege, I basically played my guitar and got to hug kids for the next 3 hours, its a hard job but someone has to do it!


We then went to our friends hut for lunch.  It took about half an hour to walk there through the bush to her remote hut, it was baking hot and I got a little sunburnt. 


Lunch including "snot"















Lunch was Nshima (pap/sadza), beans, ocra (aka snot) and mini yellow eggplants.
Our friend hasnt enough food for the next few months, she has planted some seeds but there wont be enough, she knows this but still shares what she has even though she is looking after 7 kids and her aging parents, she believes they will get through and God will provide, so she shares.
This blew my mind a little.


This is a real photo from yesterday with no added effects


On the way home it rained torrentially, we got absolutely, to your underwear, soaked.  I loved it!





 When we reached the car, one of my guardians was there with a friend and their 7 children. The road had totally corroded in the hours worth of rain and it was literally like driving in a river with pot holes bigger than a bus and bumps that meant speed was not an option. I was handed little Ben through the window, he is 17 months old and is HIV+, as I held this little bundle of precious cargo tightly for fear of whiplash, he somehow fell asleep.
My heart melted and I remembered God really doesnt forget anyone, not even a poorly little mite on a rainy day, not a hard working mum with too many mouths to feed and not enough food in the middle of the bush-bush in Africa.
He loves, He cant help Himself.

Again Im challenged to live with the Attitude of Gratitude.
I am so much happier when Im thankful for what I do have, than when I think about what I do not.
My friends here have life and joy in the middle of desperate surroundings, I want to learn this.




3 comments:

  1. I too would love to learn and have the attitude of gratitude. Happiness is elusive when I focus on what I do not have.

    Inspiring stories, thank you.

    And happy new year :-)

    Yineng x

    ReplyDelete
  2. that is beautiful!! So nice to hear a bit from you! love the picture of the red soil!! stunning place. You are amazing. Last night Phil W mentioned you in his preach helping look after orphans etc... We love you! the zambian flag is still flying :) I think of you when I go to KA.. and most days really....
    xxxxxxxxxx Sharon

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow Sis, you really are an inspiration to us. Bless you
    Vic xx

    ReplyDelete