Thursday 10 January 2013

More on the Attitude of Gratitude

So Ive written a little on (what I call) "the Attitude of Gratitude" in previous blogs.
This week I wanted to introduce you to Ann Voskamp.
 (She blogs at www.aholyexperience.com)

I was sent this book by my friend Carly for my birthday a year and a half ago.





















The challenge of the book is to count the good things in your life.
I started making a list of 10 things everyday that I was grateful for;  a cup of coffee from a work colleague, the smile from the bus driver that made me smile back, dear friends who text to say hello, washed dishes, a day of good health for my sick brother.

One Thousand Gifts (or "the blue egg book") is a book that's written poetically, it makes you read it slowly and for someone like me who isn't a big reader, it really helped me digest its content.

I found that taking time each day to actually document goodness in my life made me think more positively, made me live more gratefully and made my heart more thankful. It shows you from Ann's life how you can really live in the moment and get energized by the life in it.

I realise I have stopped looking at what I don't have so much and have started celebrating what I do have and MAN! I am happier for it.
Although I do grumble, its less, although I do wish for things, they don't consume me in the same way, I see more goodness around me and am starting to see just how good life already is.

I can honestly say this book changed my life.

So I present it to you.  Buy it, read it, be happier because of it.

www.amazon.co.uk/One-Thousand-Gifts-Voskamp-Ann/dp/0310321913/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1357829738&sr=8-1

(Its even been translated into french).

xx
ZJ




No comments:

Post a Comment