Sunday 23 December 2012

Thoughts this Christmas

So Ive been told its Christmas, Im not sure if I believe people, its 30*C most days, not a drop of snow in sight, no winter socks needed for bedtime, no scarves and gloves, Jack frost isnt nipping at my toes.
As I sit with my ice cold guava squash, Im thinking "What is Christmas about when you are far from home and the ones you love?"
some of my Kaniki family in Zambia 


Seeing as its Christmas, Jesus' birthday, I thought Id attempt to try and answer a question Ive often been asked....

ZoeJoy, what do you mean when you say You meet with God?
I mean, you talk about being friends with Him? what does that look like, feel like?

For me its a relationship that has grown like any other friendship.
I talk to Him and over the years Im learning what His voice sounds like when He talks back.
What it feels like when He is trying to get my attention.

Sometimes when I read the bible its like certain words jump off the page, not in a wooooow-strange way, but its like they make my heart feels alive and I know He is speaking to me.

When I sing to him, (Christians love to sing!) I try and visualise He is there and sing to Him, to allow Him to use my imagination (which He created btw) and see what He is doing or wants to show me.  This helps me enjoy Him.

When I talk to him (pray) I also like to visualise He is there and interact with Him there, often He likes to just sit and listen and be with me, sometimes He speaks there too.

This week I am trying to learn about what chills me out and calms me because I realise when I give myself the space to do this, often this is where I find I meet Him easiest.

Its Christmas, the place where we celebrate Jesus' birth.
Why dont you give yourself the space to find out why Christians are so into Him this coming year.
(Id recommend an Alpha course-most churches run them).

Have a great Christmas, 
Have a great time with family and friends.
Thanks for your friendship with me.
ZJ

ps "eight" is still available on i-tunes.  These are all songs Ive written when spending time with Him.

www.itunes.apple.com/gb/album/eight/id560137363

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for your very inspiring thoughts. Hope you have had a lovely Christmas there. Thinking of you... :-)

    Yineng x

    ReplyDelete