Wednesday 3 October 2012

Water, Water, Water

Meet the KOP Team.
                                          Misellie, Mrs Chomba, Lister, ZJ and Abel.
                                          They are great and much fun is had by all

Water, Water!!
There first rains came last week, there was much excitement and it totally poured down in a way that I have only seen here in Africa.
On the water front.... here in Zambia sometimes things don’t work as you would hope for.
On Monday I was in the shower and had just used my soap when the water cut off.  I stood there hoping it was a minor blip in supply, I stood there and stood there with the soap slowly drying onto my skin... thinking “How the heck am I gonna finish my shower”.
I thought through drying myself and hoping my skin would not look flaky or dry with dried soap on it, No, that would feel weird.
Do I go back to my room in my towel and hope it comes back on soon? No, it could be hours or in the worst case scenario days before that happens.
Then I had a brainwave!
I figured that there was water in the bathroom and that this was my best option right now, so there i stood scooping handfuls of clean water out of the toilet cistern.  It worked and I was clean.
Later in the day I left taps on and managed to flood the kitchen when the water came back on!
TIA as they say....This is Africa!
















On another note ..........
Meet the KOP team.

1 comment: