Thursday 18 October 2012

Did that just happen?


From this week I have a home help, her name is Catherine and she is officially amazing!  To explain, although I dont really need a home help, by employing her I am giving her a job and helping to feed her family. 
I officially moved into my own apartment on monday, a nice 2 bedroom place on the end of the AQ building (for those who know where that is). With Catherine’s help, it looks great and I am settling in nicely.  Having somewhere to call home and to entertain feels good already.

Catherine was not feeling well last week, she had a sore throat and by wednesday had completely lost her voice. 
For about six and a half years I have trying to take opportunities to pray with people to ask God to heal them of various illnesses, so far with few visible results.
So on wednesday I asked Catherine if I could pray and ask God to make her better, she whispered yes,
I prayed and then she started to whisper “thank you for PRAYING.....  AH... HE DID IT....I CAN SPEAK..... I HAVE MY VOICE BACK”
Im pretty sure I was more surprised than she was! She grabbed my hands and we jumped up and down in surprise and excitement.

Even tho I come from a church where we have regularly seen God heal illness (the Kings Arms, Bedford, UK), it was amazing that He did it for us in Kaniki, Africa.

So Im gonna keep praying and see what else He wants to do here.
He is amazing and I love that He loves us and the details in our lives.

4 comments: