Friday 7 June 2013

What if...

I have spent that past 2 days reading a book an old pastor friend of mine wrote about his journey from being a successful church leader to loosing that through a moral slip up and back again.

I started reading this book cos i was curious, curious to what really happened and curious to how he was doing now.

What I wasnt expecting was how much I would see myself in these pages and how challenging that would be.

My friend talks a lot about being a son, what this means, what it means to have God as your Father, like not just as a nice concept but knowing it and living like that. 
  • Living like a child who says "Dad can we have fun today" and having fun all day long with him.
  • Living as if "My" bank account was actually Gods and believing he has enough cash when my pocket money isnt enough or runs out.
  • Living a life asking "Break my heart with what breaks yours" and loving others from that place.
  • Not just doing the right thing or what is expected of me, but knowing God well enough to see and do what God is doing

I mean, knowing God like that
Knowing Him

And as I look at Him today, He is smiling and saying, "Im right here".

With fear and excitement all rolled into one,
I feel this may be an interesting summer!

No comments:

Post a Comment