Wednesday 20 March 2013

Eggs and things

"It takes different strokes to rule the world" I believe Arnold once said!

It's amazing how small things make little difference to me but mean the world in a different culture.
Here are a few from here:

It's rude not to go around and greet everyone when you enter a room with a handshake and a curtsy.

It's rude if I don't greet absolutely everyone I see (even in the distance) as I walk around the village.

Some friends were doing games with some kids and did the 'egg and spoon race' game.  When the first egg broke the kids started to really cry cos it was food. (Note to self, food is never a game here).




I got invited to a wedding at 11am, people started arriving at 2pm, it got going around 2.30-3pm.
Wedding gifts should be wrapped in a t-towel and presented in a wave type movement.

Thighs are referred to as "uncooked meat", should be covered at all times as they are private areas and should only been seen by your husband/wife. Below the knee shorts/skirts are decent.  However, a lot of cleavage is fine.

Have you ever thought why we think like we do?

Living here is opening me more in how to love better.

I want to be a loving person.
Loving someone isn't about me,
it's not really about how I want to give and receive love.
It's all about finding out how people feel loved and doing that.

Love is patient, Love is kind, it doesn't envy, it doesn't boast, it's not proud, it isn't rude, it's not self seeking, it's not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love doesn't delight in evil but rejoices with the truth.  It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres.
Love never fails.







No comments:

Post a Comment